Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Internet and Cell Phones Keepin’ the Fam Together

An article found on InformationWeek.com analyzes how the Internet and cell phones have helped to bring families together and promote online understanding. A “Networked Families” study found that 33% of Internet users believe that the Internet has increased their “social connections” and 23% find that it has increased their “intrafamily communication.”
Individuals are able to stay connected throughout the day due to the Internet and cell phones, which has led to an increase in communication among family members and friends. This directly conflicts with all the speculation that technology is making us spend less time with our family. From personal experience, I know that I communicate with my mom thanks to cell phones… anything from getting a wine stain off a dress to how to cook fish… she is just a quick phone call away. The Internet and cell phones have both become increasingly important to the majority of society, so I'm sure that these statistics will continue to grow as companies discover technological advances for more savvy gadgets to communicate with.


http://www.informationweek.com/news/mobility/messaging/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=211201949#mon

Devin McCloskey
Thursday 8am

No comments: