http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/01/30/move_over_youtube_here_comes_y_1.html
This is an article that explains the site YouBama.com. The site basically compiles movies from Obama supporters who explain why you should vote for Obama. The link I used is an article that explains this new idea. You guys should definitely check out YouBama.com.
I thought this was really interesting because it shows how Obama supporters are using technology as a means to communicate why one should vote for Obama. I' m particularly unbiased since I'm not from the country, and so, I'm not really passionate about certain candidates. So, as someone who has no clear position when it comes to American politics, I have to say that YouBama is a powerful vehicle that will certainly convince voters because the information doesn't come from Obama himself (who obviously wants to promote himself) but from voters who are extremely passionate about what he has to provide the country. I thought YouBama is cool because it shows how our society is completely technology-geared and how this type of technology is available globally. It's also interesting, and in my opinion, smart that the YouBama creators decided to combine the YouTube idea with their project since YouTube has shown to be a phenomenon in passing on information. Even though the site has nothing to do with Obama himself, it, in a way reflects a bit of Obama's "web-savvyness" that his supporters know well of.
- Gabriela GholmiaFebruary 6th, 2008
2 comments:
This is certainly an interesting way to persuade Americans to vote for you. I enjoyed looking at the website.
YouBama should impose the discipline of truthful reporting,
not praise the "websavvyness" of its creator. Help the public to understand that Islam is the enemy.
(Read the Quaran). What did Obama
accomplish on Ayer's Board? Why did
Obama support Rev. Wright of "God
damn America" fame? How does he
continue to support his madrassa?
What has he accomplished?
Post a Comment